[Python-3000] Persistent Error

Amaury Forgeot d'Arc amauryfa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:55:52 CEST 2008

Anand Balachandran Pillai wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
>   There are no build errors in the warnings module and _warnings.o is
> generated.
> However I looked at the make log and no _warnings.so is built by the
> linker. Instead
> _warnings.o is just archived into libpython3.0a.

Yes, _warnings is not designed to be a .so module.

Please have a look at Modules/config.c (which lists the built-in
modules loaded on startup),
it should contain an entry for "_warnings".
Note that this file is generated from Modules/config.c.in. Check it as well.

Maybe the config.c file was not properly re-generated?

--
Amaury Forgeot d'Arc