[Python-3000] commit access request

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Tue Jul 15 22:57:39 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> My previous mail to the list apparently lost itself somewhere...
>
>> > I can do that for you. OTOH, I think it's time we gave Antoine commit
>> > access; we've gotten nothing but great things out of him so far. :)
>>
>> Antoine just needs to ask himself and someone who knows how to add
>> commit privs can make the call (which I suspect will be in the
>> positive).
>
> Well, while I'm still quite young in the python-dev community, I have
> contributed a handful of patches, reviews and bug reports, and I'd definitely
> like to get commit access so that I can stop bothering people (especially
> Benjamin, who's often hanging out on #python-dev) when needing to sort out
> reports and patches, or for the occasional trivial fix.
>
> I swear I'll do all my possible to live up to the responsibilities that come
> with those powers. Actually the prospect of breaking something by mistake makes
> me a bit anxious, so please forgive me in advance.

I can't give the privileges, Antoine, but I know that an SSH 2 public
key is going to be needed (see the dev FAQ at
http://www.python.org/dev/faq/ if you don't know how to generate one).
They will also need to know how you want your first.last name spelled
for your user account.

Just send that all in a separate email to python-dev and someone who
can add you will get to it at some point (probably soon).

-Brett