[Python-3000] Set literal

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Jan 28 17:02:24 CET 2008

Please don't reopen this. There are good reasons for 'set' to be the
default set type and 'frozenset' to appear like a poor cousin. For
one, their naming. This was all reasoned out long, long ago, in Python
2.3 with the sets module. If you insist I will try to write it up all
again, but I'd rather you believe that we weren't crazy back then.
Raymond's about-face suggests that there are plenty of dead alleys
that lead the traveler astray by appearing to be a shortcut to their
destination.

--Guido