[Python-3000] [Python-Dev] Python 2.6 and 3.0

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Feb 24 23:58:56 CET 2008

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven:
> -On [20080224 19:57], "Martin v. Lwis" (martin at v.loewis.de) wrote:
> >I can continue to provide Windows binaries if desired.
>
> If need be, I can help testing the build infrastructure since I have
> access
> to various releases of Visual Studio as well.

Me too - I still regularly build the svn version of Python, and although I don't regularly turn them into .MSI files, I'm confident I could learn how to do that ;)  I understand that over time the binary process will need some tweaking, but in the general case, I expect that turning the crank for a test build needn't be that much or a burden. I expect the biggest problem is that I could no longer ignore certain extensions I don't care about, such as Tk.

Cheers,

Mark