[Python-3000] Windows, sys.argv and unicode

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Sun Feb 17 12:27:55 CET 2008

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 20:58:51 +0100, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>> BTW: is there a long-time plan to make the Python core *not* link
>> against msvcrt dll anymore but only rely on Windows APIs (or maybe also
>> the static C runtime, I don't really care)?
>
> I have plans to reduce usage of the CRT as much as possible. I don't
> believe that linking statically would actually work very well.

Given a reduced usage of CRT, why statically linking should not work?

For instance, if all else fail wrt memory allocation, I can't see why it
is a problem using the statically-linked CRT's malloc (or another multi-
platform malloc implementation like Google's tcmalloc -- which would of
course be statically linked as well).
--
Giovanni Bajo