[Python-3000] Nix dict.copy()

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Feb 11 02:01:15 CET 2008

Aahz wrote:

> Let's suppose you have an object that represents an order.  And let's
> suppose that this object needs to be copied to create a re-order (letting
> the customer preserve the information from the original order).

In that case, I would give my Order class a copy() method (or
re_order() or whatever name is appropriate) that does the right
thing for orders in the context of that application.

There are bound to be things that you *don't* want to copy from
the original order, e.g. the order ID, the date...

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiem!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |