[Python-3000] Workaround for py3k build problem on CJK MacOS X?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Aug 15 21:25:30 CEST 2008

> What do you think?

I see another alternative: invoke the Apple converters (assuming they
exist). Then, these encodings would only be available on OS X, but
that might be just sufficient.

Now, I'm not a CFString expert, but I would hope that the conversion
would only be a few lines of C code which can be reviewed quickly.

If that code cannot be contributed, I then prefer your option 3:
make mac_getscript return the slightly incorrect codec names. It's
better than returning "ascii" (which I think it should do, anyway,
as a fallback).

Regards,
Martin