[Python-3000] PEP 3108 - stdlib reorg/cleanup

Alex Martelli aleaxit at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 00:55:25 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Brett Cannon <brett at python.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 8:05 AM, Alex Martelli <aleaxit at gmail.com> wrote:
>  [SNIP - Alex's well-argued reasons to keep sched]
>

>  >  And then, if needed, we can discuss pure simulation (as opposed to
>  >  simulation-testing of systems designed to normally use the "real"
>  >  sched). But already it seems to me there are plenty of use cases to
>  >  justify retaining sched in the library...!
>
>  OK, sched stays. Do you need mutex to stay as-is, get rolled into
>  sched, or can we still ditch that module (at least publicly)?

I have no use case for mutex (nor anything against it either), so
personally I'm +0 on removing it (just on the basis that it confuses
me - it's documented as needing to be used with sched, but most
examples I can find with google code search use it without sched,
etc...). But I hope that somebody understanding its use cases better
than me speaks!-)

Alex