[Python-3000] Binding builtin function to class

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Apr 29 01:56:15 CEST 2008

Alex Martelli wrote:
> Is this a SWIG-specific issue (so
> that SWIG can take care of it in the C code it generates or links) or
> sufficiently general to warrant an addition to the Python core?

I haven't been following this closely, but if the issue is what
I think it is, Pyrex is going to have the same problem.

An alternative solution for Pyrex would be to provide a flag
on the C method object giving it instance-binding behaviour,
or perhaps even make it standard for all C-implemented functions.

--
Greg