[Python-3000] Compiling Python 3.0 with MS Visual Studio 2005

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 02:58:28 CEST 2007

On 8/31/07, Christian Heimes <lists at cheimes.de> wrote:
> Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > Does this mean that all the problems you reported at the start of this
> > thread are gone? (If so, I need to remove the link to this thread from
> > the online release notes. :-)
>
> Just the problem with the time module is gone. The problems with the 3rd
> party modules still exist and so does the issue with os.stat on non
> English Windows installations. I'm neither a Windows nor a MS VS 2005
> expert - I'm mostly using Linux for development - but I could try to
> tweak the project file if it is appreciated and wanted. Who is
> responsible for PCbuild8?

If you have to ask who's in control, that means you're it. :-)

There isn't really anyone.  Kristján V. Jónsson has worked on it in
the trunk, but he hasn't been maintaining it in 3k IIRC.  It would be
really great if you took on the responsibility, made sure things work,
and provided patches when they didn't.  Bug reports are of course
helpful if you can't fix the problems.

Cheers,