[Python-3000] Python 3.0a2 release

Christian Heimes lists at cheimes.de
Thu Nov 22 16:58:49 CET 2007

Boris Borcic wrote:
> FWIW back in march Giovanni Bajo said on mingw-users that GCC-4.x optimized his
> code base better than MSVC; that was in
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.user/21964/
>
> Now there has been an official "technology preview" release of MingW gcc-4.2.1
> sitting on MingW sourceforge download page since mid-summer.

He is speaking about C++ code and compares it to MSVC 7.1. I'm not a big
MS fan and I certainly don't want to advertise them. MSVC is the
standard compiler for most Windows users. The Windows build should be as
convenient as possible. If our main goal would be speed I'd probably
settle down with the Intel Compiler. ;)

Christian