[Python-3000] need help fixing broken tests in py3k-pep3137 branch

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 17:51:55 CET 2007

On 04/11/2007, Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> wrote:
> I'm beginning to settle on the following:
>
> 1. concrete types: bytes (immutable) and bytearray (mutable)

bytearray seems a bit clumsy, but I can't think of anything better...

> 2. their common ABC: ByteString (derives from Sequence)

Would ByteSequence not be better?

> 3. the ABC corresponding to buffer-API objects: MemoryBlock

Sounds reasonable. Would it make sense to rename the buffer API as the
memory block API in that case? (PyBufferProcs --> PyMemoryBlockProcs,
or maybe PyMemBlockProcs to make for less typing, etc)

Paul