[Python-3000] IPv6 address tuple

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 24 11:54:08 CET 2007

> I first suggested just chopping off the flowid and scopeid parts of the
> tuple. Itojun's reply seems to indicate we could potentially get away
> with merging the scopeid to the IP address part in a standard fashion,
> and discarding the flowid part.

Thanks for this research? As a next step, it would be interesting to
see how it is done elsewhere (besides C and Python).

As you may see, I would be really uncomfortable changing this in
a way that locks out interesting applications, or deviates too far
from the IPv6 community. So compatibility with the rest of the
world is of utmost importance.

If you could collect options, established tradition, pros and cons
in a document, that would be good.

Regards,
Martin