[Python-3000] Unicode IDs -- why NFC? Why allow ligatures?

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Sat Jun 9 09:45:02 CEST 2007

Jim Jewett writes:

 > but I think dealing with K characters is now a "least of evils"
 > decision, instead of "we need them for something."

Agreed.

 > On another note, I have no idea how Martin's name (in the Cc line)
 > ended up as: [scrambled stuff]

That's almost surely me.  The composer part of my MUA of choice
handles Japanese fine, but doesn't like general Unicode much.  So I've
switched to a different composer, but the two MUAs differ on the
protocol for passing reply information from the reader to the
composer.  RFC 2047 headers are one thing that often gets fumbled.