[Python-3000] Thoughts on new I/O library and bytecode

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Feb 25 23:15:20 CET 2007

Thomas Wouters wrote:

> I'm not sure what makes you say that. There isn't anyone actually using
> bytes() right now, so what makes you think how it's created?

That's my point -- you *don't* know how any given bytes
object was created, so there's no reason to display it
in anything other than the most generic way.

Another thing is that the idea of displaying a mutable
object in a way that closely resembles a non-mutable
literal makes me uncomfortable. Actually, writing that
sort of literal makes me uncomfortable too, but I'm
not sure what to do about that.

--
Greg