[Python-3000] Merging between trunk and py3k?

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Fri Aug 31 15:57:53 CEST 2007

I haven't heard yet that merging is impossible or useless; there's
still a lot of similarity between the trunk and the branch.

As long that remains the case, I'd like to continue to do merges
(except for those files that have been completely rewritten or
removed, like README, bufferobject.* or intobject.*).

Once we stop merging, I'd like to reformat all C code to conform to
the new coding standard (4-space indents, no tabs, no trailing
whitespace, 80-col line length strictly enforced). But I expect
that'll be a long time in the future.

--Guido