[Python-3000] current status

Neal Norwitz nnorwitz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 09:00:59 CEST 2007

There are 6 tests that fail on all platforms AFAIK:

3 tests failed:
    test_mailbox test_old_mailbox test_unicode_file
3 skips unexpected on linux2:
    test_smtplib test_sundry test_ssl

I believe test_smtplib, test_sundry fail for the same reason at least
partially.  They can't import email.base64mime.encode.  There are
decode functions, but encode is gone from base64mime.  I don't know if
that's the way it's supposed to be or not.  But smtplib can't be
imported because encode is missing.

Some of the failures in test_mailbox and test_old_mailbox are the
same, but I think test_mailbox might have more problems.

I hopefully fixed some platform specific problems, but others remain:

* test_normalization fails on several boxes (where locale is not C maybe?)

* On ia64, test_tarfile.PAXUnicodeTest.test_utf7_filename generates
this exception:
Objects/exceptions.c:1392: PyUnicodeDecodeError_Create: Assertion
`start < 2147483647' failed.

* On ia64 and Win64 (IIRC), this fails:  self.assertEqual(round(1e20), 1e20)
AssertionError: 0 != 1e+20

* On PPC64, all the dbm code seems to be crashing

* File "Lib/test/test_nis.py", line 27, in test_maps
    if nis.match(k, nismap) != v:
SystemError: can't use str as char buffer

* On Solaris, hashlib can't import _md5 which creates a bunch of problems.

* On Win64, there's this assert:
   SystemError: Objects\longobject.c:412: bad argument to internal function
I don't see how it's getting triggered based on the traceback though

Win64 has a bunch of weird issues:

http://python.org/dev/buildbot/3.0/amd64%20XP%203.0/builds/40/step-test/0