[Python-3000] A couple 2to3 questions

Georg Brandl g.brandl at gmx.net
Mon Aug 27 21:44:01 CEST 2007

skip at pobox.com schrieb:
> I ran 2to3 over the Doc/tools directory.  This left a number of problems
> which I initially began replacing manually.  I then realized that it would
> be better to tweak 2to3.  A couple things I wondered about:
>
>     1. How are we supposed to maintain changes to Doc/tools?  Running svn
>        status doesn't show any changes.

The individual tools are checked out from different repositories on the first
"make html".

tools/docutils and tools/pygments are fixed versions of the
respective libraries, checked out from the svn.python.org/external/ repository.
I'll have Pygments 2to3-ready with the next (0.9) release, and I'll probably
look at docutils soon too, perhaps creating a branch.

tools/sphinx is checked out from svn.python.org/doctools/trunk and maintained
there, so if you want to change that code (which you're welcome to do) just
check it out from there.
(In theory, if you cd to tools/sphinx, you can use svn from there too.)

Cheers,
Georg