[Python-3000] AtheOS?

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Aug 17 18:32:01 CEST 2007

Guido van Rossum schrieb:
> I'd get in touch with the last known maintainer of the AtheOS port, or
> some of the Syllabe maintainers (if all else fails, spam their wiki's
> front page :-). If it's just a renaming maybe they're relying on the
> same #ifdefs still.

The port was originally contributed by Octavian Cerna (sf:tavyc),
in bugs.python.org/488073. He did that because the version of Python
that came with AtheOS was 1.5.2.

> Thanks for doing this BTW! I love cleanups.

It took some effort to integrate this for 2.3, so I feel sad that this
is now all ripped out again. I'm not certain the code gets cleaner
that way - just smaller. Perhaps I should just reject patches that
port Python to minor platforms in the future, as the chance is high
that the original contributor won't keep it up-to-date, and nobody else
will, either, for several years.

Regards,
Martin