[Python-3000] Need help compiling py3k-buffer branch

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Sun Aug 12 06:24:14 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I apologize for my quietness on this list (I'm actually in the middle of
a move),  but I recently implemented most of PEP 3118 in the py3k-buffer
branch (it's implemented but not tested...)

However, I'm running into trouble getting it to link.  The compilation
step proceeds fine but then I get a segmentation fault during the link
stage.

It might be my platform (I've been having trouble with my 7-year old
computer, as of late) or my installation of gcc.

I wondered if somebody would be willing to check out the py3k-buffer
branch and try to compile it to see if there is some other problem that
I'm not able to detect.

Thanks so much for any help.

-Travis Oliphant