[Python-3000] Moving to a "py3k" branch soon

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Aug 8 23:19:24 CEST 2007

I would like to move to a new branch soon for all Py3k development.

I plan to name the branch "py3k".  It will be branched from
py3k-struni.  I will do one last set of merges from the trunk via p3yk
(note typo!) and py3k-struni, and then I will *delete* the old py3k
and py3k-struni branches (you will still be able to access their last
known good status by syncing back to a previous revision).  I will
temporarily shut up some unit tests to avoid getting endless spam from
Neal's buildbot.

After the switch, you should be able to switch your workspaces to the
new branch using the "svn switch" command.

If anyone is in the middle of something that would become painful due
to this changeover, let me know ASAP and I'll delay.

I will send out another message when I start the move, and another
when I finish it.