[Python-3000] Mini Path object

Antoine Pitrou solipsis at pitrou.net
Thu Nov 9 22:05:47 CET 2006

Le jeudi 09 novembre 2006 à 20:45 +0000, Paul Moore a écrit :
> Again, I don't believe this is possible for all corner cases: what is
> the drive for /my/file on a Windows system?

Why not the current drive?

> If you mandate that all filenames must be relative, you could manage,
> but enforcing that is probably harder than just using native format
> everywhere and giving up on portable ini files...

Portable ini files can only use relative paths anyway.
If you want to play nice with the OS, you have to follow its existing
conventions for file locations, and it isn't the same everywhere (you
don't use /usr/share under Windows, or /Programs/Shared Files under
Linux). So it's impossible to come up with portable absolute paths.