[Python-3000] Changing function-related TypeErrors

Bill Janssen janssen at parc.com
Sat May 6 18:05:14 CEST 2006

> Seriously, if I wanted a language that restricted me to classes and
> subtyping and mixins, I'ld use Java.

Sadly, Java doesn't give you the tools you need to do that.  If you
think that Java is what I'm talking about, you're misunderstanding my
suggestion, and I can see why you would have a negative reaction.

> I like being able to take classes that only implement the methods I need.

Me, too.  That's what a mixin-based approach gives you.  What's
better, you often don't have to implement any methods at all -- just
use the appropriate mixins for your new class.

Bill