[Python-3000] Requirements for a standard GUI library

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Thu May 4 04:39:31 CEST 2006

Terry Reedy wrote:

> -the ability to ignore platforn standards and give an app a unique look and
> feel.  A start on this, for instance, is being able to give dialog boxes a
> custom background instead of uniform gray or whatever.

You can do this in PyGUI by adding a View that fills the
whole window and then adding your controls to that. You
can draw whatever background you want in the View.

> -the ability to shift to full-screen mode.

If I add some way of removing the menu bar, and finding
out the size of the screen, then you could create a window
that fills the whole screen. Would that be sufficient?

University of Canterbury,	   | Carpe post meridiam!          	  |
Christchurch, New Zealand	   | (I'm not a morning person.)          |