[Python-3000] iostack and Oh Oh

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 20:34:14 CET 2006

On 12/1/06, tomer filiba <tomerfiliba at gmail.com> wrote:
> i would still like to understand how object proxying (e.g., weakrefs, RPyC),
> could work when all/most frameworks/libraries would be based on ABCs.

I don't think that's what is being proposed, if I understand Guido's
response to my post. There is no expectation that all/most (or even
many!) libraries would be based on ABCs. Duck typing would remain the
norm. Although I'm not clear what the value of all this is, if the
resulting ABCs *don't* get used in real code.

But it's likely that this is a failure in my understanding, rather
than the sign of a deep and complex plot to turn Python into Java
while I'm not watching :-) So I'm going to continue reading, and wait
for enlightenment.

Paul.