[Python-3000] iostack and Oh Oh

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Fri Dec 1 18:18:59 CET 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 12:08, tomer filiba wrote:
 > i would still like to understand how object proxying (e.g., weakrefs,
 > RPyC), could work when all/most frameworks/libraries would be based on
 > ABCs.

That's a realy problem.  zope.interface works hard to deal with proxies, but
it probably only works with proxies based on zope.proxy.

 > the only way out of this, that i can think of, would require introducing a
 > __does_implement__ special method that will be called by
 > does_implement(), or whatever the name will be. of course you could
 > add a new ABC for that purpose, i.e., CustomImplementer.

This only works if there's only one interface system.  As soon as there are
multiple systems at work in parallel (possibly because different libraries
require them, even if the app doesn't care), this is going to get quite
complex.

I wish I had some good insight on how to deal with this, but I don't.  Jim
Fulton might have some ideas since he dealt with all this for zope.interface.
He's likely pretty busy right now, though.  (And I don't know if he's on this
list.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.   <fdrake at acm.org>