[Python-3000] Fwd: Conventions for annotation consumers

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Sun Aug 20 22:07:18 CEST 2006

On 8/20/06, Jim Jewett <jimjjewett at gmail.com> wrote:

> We're discussing the alternative of

> which is better for some things -- but much worse for others; if the
> metadata is any longer than int, it is almost certainly worse.  So (I
> believe) he is suggesting that we just reuse decorator syntax

> ... def f(a, b):

I don't believe that's true, because this is the syntax he showed:

>          @callmeta
>          def foo( a: [ SetDoc("frobination count"), InRange(3,9) ],
>                   b: InSet([4,8,12]) )
>                   -> IsNumber:

I guess I still don't really understand what he's getting at or what the
value of @callmeta is in that example. It just seems like extra noise with
no value to me...

Ron: what *precisely* does the @callmeta decorator do? If you can express it
in code, so much the better.