[Python-3000] int-long unification

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Sat Aug 19 21:06:02 CEST 2006

> Martin,
>
> I've thought about it more, and I think it's fine to use a single
> type. It will surely simplify many things, and that alone might help
> us win back some of the inefficiency this introduces. And it is best
> for Python-level users.

Woohoo!  I totally support this idea (along with anything else that comes up
to simplify the C API; I almost feel like we need a dumbed-down API along
with the full-powered API behind it).  I also support Martin doing the work
=)  (but that's mostly because I know he is in a good position to do it
well).

-Brett