[Python-3000] threading, part 2

Slawomir Nowaczyk slawomir.nowaczyk.847 at student.lu.se
Sat Aug 12 08:22:17 CEST 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 21:51:25 -0400
Luis P Caamano <lcaamano at gmail.com> wrote:

#> That's how I feel too Josiah.  In some ways, it's the same as writing
#> device drivers in a pre-emptable kernel.  You can get interrupted and
#> pre-empted by the hardware at any freaking time in any piece of code
#> and your memory might go away so you better pin it and deal with the
#> interrupts.  Forget about that and you end up with a nice kernel
#> panic.  Still, we have all kinds of device drivers on SMP,
#> pre-emptable kernels.  It can be done.

Of course it can... but do we *really* want programming in Python3k to
be comparable in difficulty to writing device drivers?

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.