[Python-3000] threading, part 2

tomer filiba tomerfiliba at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 09:33:00 CEST 2006

[Guido]
> I expect that Jython doesn't implement this; it doesn't handle ^C either AFAIK.

threads are at most platform agnostic (old unices, embedded systems, etc.
are not likely to have thread support)

so keeping this in mind, and having interrupt_main part of the standard
thread API, which as you say, may not be implementation agnostic,
why is thread.raise_exc(id, excobj) a bad API?

and as i recall, dotNET's Thread.AbortThread or whatever it's called
works that way (raising an exception in the other thread), so IronPython
for once, should be happy with it.

by the way, is the GIL part of the python standard? i.e., does IronPython
implement it, although it shouldn't be necessary in dotNET?

-tomer