[Python-3000] Futures in Python 3000

Aurélien Campéas aurelien.campeas at logilab.fr
Mon Apr 24 09:51:04 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 08:10:07PM +1200, Greg Ewing wrote:
> Aurélien Campéas wrote:
> > > I expect that almost all of it will be reused.
> >
> > Couldn't PyPy be considered an interesting contender ?
>
> That would be far too big a change. Last time I read
> anything about PyPy, it was even more head-exploding
> than metaclasses.

I just don't understand the relationship with metaclasses. What's so
head-exploding about them btw ? They need some thinking for sure ...

AFAIK PyPy is not that complicated (I'm working on it btw), it only
lacks some documentation currently. It's quite easy to add some
features right now (hint : hooks for constraint & logic programming
for instance) that I suspect would be no-go with CPython.

> > Sorry to jump in like this, but what about the *current* stackless ?
> > Does it also break all existing C extensions ... ?

[...]