[Python-3000] More wishful thinking

Brian Harring ferringb at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 13:09:21 CEST 2006

On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 10:32:21AM +0000, Talin wrote:
> 2a) One particularly useful variation of *list (again, one which I have
> brought up before, as have others), is the "yield *" syntax. The primary
> use case is for chained generators, that is a generator that is yielding
> the output of multiple sub-generators.

Choice of operator there isn't all that grand; at least to me,
*sequence means expand the sequence out as positional args, eg

i = (1,2,3,4)
yield *i

reads as
yield 1,2,3,4

when you're proposing it behave more like
map(yield, i) # and yes, I realize that isn't valid python.

Personally want something similar, but -1 for the syntax there.
Alternatives?

~harring