[Python-3000] Will we have a true restricted exec environment for python-3000?

Greg Ewing greg.ewing at canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Apr 9 04:06:58 CEST 2006

Nick Coghlan wrote:

> If yes, then you can get to object(), and hence to pretty much whatever C
> builtins you want.

Perhaps instead of attributes like __class__ and __subtypes__
there should be functions like classof() and subtypes() that
could be excluded from a restricted environment.

 > But if
> the file objects are gone, what happens to the Python machinery that relies on
> them (like import)?

Regardless of security issues, I think it would be a good
idea to make the core machinery independent of the existence
of concrete things like file(). This would make it easier
to build Python interpreters for unusual environments which
aren't based on a traditional OS and file system.

--
Greg