[pytest-dev] Plugin for test suite execution

Floris Bruynooghe flub at devork.be
Sun Sep 13 15:05:26 EDT 2020

Hi Sivaram,

Hope you are well and nice that you wrote a pytest plugin!  As far as I
recall pytest by default already executes tests in the order they are
defined in the source code though.  I guess this was not expressive
enough for your needs?

As for advertising, it's best to follow the advice on
https://docs.pytest.org/en/stable/writing_plugins.html which mentions
how to use PyPI classifiers.  Also read about the plugin compat project
linked from there, making sure that finds your plugin is a good
indication of how discoverable your plugin is.

Finally, just be aware this is a mailing list of anyone interested in
pytest development and not specifically an admin person.  I'm just one
random person answering.

Cheers,
Floris