[pytest-dev] junitxml incremental output writing

Ronny Pfannschmidt opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Mon Apr 6 03:24:34 EDT 2020

**re-sent with correct sender mail**

Hi Floris,

an incremental writer has to continuously update either the
pre-overstretched xml header of the report or continuously rewrite the
file at once.

An implementation would be tricky and need someone to dedicate to it to
weed out the detail ussues that will invariably crop up.

Another approach could be to just write the xml report parts of each
item into a junitxml.parts file and
at the end of the test to just recombine the file with the enclosing xml
element.

I think people that care about it should come up with it.

-- Ronny