[pytest-dev] [core] Tidelift Funding

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Mon May 6 10:03:30 EDT 2019

Hi Ronny,

On Sun, May 5, 2019 at 11:09 AM Ronny Pfannschmidt <
opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de> wrote:

> i think its a good idea to have this as a opt-in.
>
> Currently a Fair Share Mechanism on a opt in basis seems fair,
> if we ever hit a situation where someone could have a reasonably set up
> part/full-time position primarily on pytest we should take a look at how
> division is fair in that case.

Agreed, thanks Ronny.

If nobody objects, I plan to move this forward later this week.

One question is how do we track which maintainers are opting to receive
funding.

I'm thinking of opening an issue which lists the contributors receiving the
funding; maintainers are then free to post a comment indicating if they
want to start/stop receiving funding, at which point we update the original
post. Another option would be to use the Wiki, but we don't receive change
notifications so there's a chance of we getting out of sync with the
configuration on Tidelift. Suggestions?

Another question is regarding admins of the Tidelift dashboard. I volunteer
to do it, but would like more people to also be admins to reduce the bus
factor, so other volunteers are appreciated as well.

Cheers,
Bruno.