[pytest-dev] Alias to parametrize

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 05:20:38 EST 2018

Hi all,

A PR[1] has been submitted which adds `parameterize` as an alias to
`parametrize`. Florian Bruhin and I are not very keen to the idea given
that there is an explicit warning for it already and having different names
to the same thing reduces consistency across test suites.

I'm sending an email here because I suppose more people read the mailing
list than watch the PRs and the discussions there. It would be good if more
people commented/voted on the issue before we reach a conclusion.

[1] https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/pull/3159

Cheers