[pytest-dev] [proposal] experiment with adapting gitmate.io for automating issue maintenance/triaging tasks

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Jan 18 02:53:32 EST 2018

Hey,

GitMate seemed quite useful so far! However, the "the contributor most
likely able to help you" messages seemed quite a lot of noise to me.
Also, they only pinged people who are subscribed to the repository
anyways, and are already doing a lot of work either way.

I took the freedom to turn that off. Maybe it makes sense to turn it on
and blacklist core contributors (as those watch the repo presumably) so
it can highlight the right people in cases where there's really another
contributor who developed a certain feature. However, in the qutebrowser
repo, it just started highlighting people with seemingly no connection
to the issues ;-)

Florian

--
https://www.qutebrowser.org  | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)