[pytest-dev] the potential need to release 4.0 instead of 3.1, proposal

Ronny Pfannschmidt opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Fri May 19 15:57:09 EDT 2017

(sending again due to prior sender typo)

given the rightfully reasserted constraints that seems a reasonable
course of action,

i'd prefer to keep it reopened instead of won't fix,
and i'd like to see a revising of the deprecation policy,

since as things as
https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/labels/mark-issue are impossible to
fix without being able to break things in a sensible way (its just too
much of a mess)

-- Ronny