[pytest-dev] [proposal] using towncrier for merge-friendly changelog management

Ronny Pfannschmidt opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Tue Mar 21 04:54:14 EDT 2017

Hi all,

today i noticed how pip manages its change-logs in a pretty interesting way,

they manage the fragments to be composed before a release in the folder
"news" in files named like "$ticketnumber.$changetype"
before a release those files get take out and composed into the change-log.

The fabulous tool behind that is https://github.com/hawkowl/towncrier/ -
after taking a first look at it,
i believe it should be a massive enhancement compared to what we put
ourselves trough right now.

i also would be delighted, if we used it in more projects ^^

cheers,

Ronny