[pytest-dev] removing py.path.svn* - since its unmaintained and broken since years

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Sun Jun 25 03:29:58 EDT 2017

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 20:20 +0000, Bruno Oliveira wrote:
> Oh right, I think the tests have been skipped for some time now right?
>
> In that case I guess removing the functionality and test cases might make
> some sense.

all testing/path/test_svn*.py files pass for me
(you need to install the "svn" command line version).
It's actually kind of astonishing that it is working
for years without much breakage ...

Ronny, i guess you'd like to have a nicer leaner less messy
base than what "py" provides for pytest -- and i kind of agree
and think it'd be good to continue moving code out of py and
directly into pytest.  path.local() is probably one of the
bigger ones now that py.code's functionality is part of pytest.

So all in all i suggest to consider leaving "py" mostly alone
and move towards removing the dependency alltogether.

holger