[pytest-dev] on opening up single character options via a registry

RonnyPfannschmidt opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de
Sat Aug 5 03:37:17 EDT 2017

hi everyone,
as it pains me that we sneakily call private methods to use single
character options in xdist&co,
i propose to open up single character options to other plugins by means
of a registry,

so that plugins that have a registered single character will be able to
use it in py.test versions that have that association saved

we could even go as far as making the registry a extra pytest plugin
that can be updated out of band from pytest itself

-- Ronny