[pytest-dev] [tox-dev] Suggestion: EuroPython pytest/tox/devpi helpdesk

Oliver Bestwalter oliver at bestwalter.de
Sat Apr 22 12:04:55 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I almost dropped the ball here as I was on vacation and forgot about this
for a while. I am a lucky guy though, because they extended the time for
CfP until tomorrow so now I started to write a proposal.

I will write a pretty general proposal about offering to help people with
their entry to intermediate level questions and problems regarding pytest,
tox and devpi, because I am confident I can help with that even if I am on
my own. I will offer to help with their problems with configurations or
finding the right testing strategy.

If a problem is unsolvable by me, then it is by definition "advanced" and I
can help formulating their problems/potential bugs as issues or questions
to the TIP mailing list for the gurus to pick up.

I can do the proposal in my name so there is no need for any strict
commitment from anyone but me, but I would obviously be delighted, if you
turn up :)

I'll keep you posted if the proposal was accepted.

Cheers,
Oliver