[pytest-dev] [wishlist] handling reuse of pytest plugins outside of pytest

Ronny Pfannschmidt rpfannsc at redhat.com
Wed Sep 7 09:39:34 EDT 2016

Hi,

recently i am starting to very painfully hit a massive wall
which is trying to use pytest integrated functionality outside of a test run

the inability to use them in some way is pretty much actively holding me
back
from running test helpers in ipython sessions & co

at work we work around that by the means of having global instead of using
fixtures
and by re-implementing functionality and the using it both in fixtures and
in

however we would like to get rid of that in some way

but with the current constraints of being unable to use anything outside of
a test run we are pretty much forced to keep own implementations of plugins
like
pytest-baseurl. pytest-selenium, pytest-variables and more

-- Ronny

Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael
O'Neill, Eric Shander