[pytest-dev] Info on move from bitbucket to github

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:50:57 EDT 2016

Hi Florian,

 I have used this fork to move the issues for pytest:

https://github.com/nicoddemus/bitbucket_issue_migration

It can be used as a starting point. There's no how-to specifically (sorry),
but one piece of advice is: create a dummy GitHub repository to move the
issues and see how the process goes, because sometimes the script might bug
out in a particular issue or need adjustments. In that case delete the
repository and repeat the process. Once you are satisfied with the results,
you should then do the final move to the final repository. That is because
once an issue is created, it gets assigned a new id which can never be
reused again, and you want to keep the same issue id between BitBucket and
GitHub.

I remember Ronny saying he had or was working on a more robust solution, he
can supply more info.

Hope that helps,
Bruno.