[pytest-dev] pytest.readthedocs.io pointing to "latest"

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 07:08:53 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I have configured http://pytest.readthedocs.io/ to point to “latest” by
default (which represents master branch) rather than “stable” (which
represents “latest release/tag”). I think it makes more sense because
usually our changes to the documentation in master don’t change behavior,
but are fixes to the “live” documentation like typos, removing the sprint
banner, fixing dead links, etc, so makes sense for it to be up-to-date at
all times. The only “downside” is that 2.9.3.dev shows up in the CHANGELOG,
but I don’t see that as a bad thing, because it is clear that it is the
not-released, development version, and one can argue that it is even nice
because shows up what’s coming in the next release.

Let me know if any of you disagrees or have any other comments.

Holger,

Any chance of pointing docs.pytest.org to http://pytest.readthedocs.io/ in
your server before 3.0? I really would like to have that ready, if
possible. :)

Cheers,
Bruno.
​