[pytest-dev] a potential alternative to the py.code merge

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 10:41:48 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 12:59 PM Ronny Pfannschmidt <
opensource at ronnypfannschmidt.de> wrote:

> i have ideas for replacing/changing it in the back of my head since a
> while now,
> so i'd like to have a reasonable/easy testbed
>
> also we could avoid the need for api compatibility even if we copy in
> py.code
> given that the old api would be available

Just to be clear, what are you proposing?

1. Hold off merging py.code, implementing on top of that branch an
alternative exception representation?
2. Merge py.code and work on an alternative exception representation?

To be honest I would prefer 2, as this would stop blocking issues which are
waiting for py.code to be merged into pytest.

Cheers,
Bruno.