[pytest-dev] on abolishing the feature branch concept

Bruno Oliveira nicoddemus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 05:34:07 EST 2016

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 4:03 AM Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> wrote:

> I think the right route to go is to make releases easier (I think
> Bruno is doing a great job on that!), and then maybe switch to
> time-based releases rather than milestone-based releases like gitlab
> does?

Thanks! :)

I read that link, thanks for that. It got me interested in trying that for
pytest, seems like a good fit. As you noted, for that to work we would have
to automate the process even further... for example, if we move the docs
over to readthedocs, that would be one less step that needed to be done.
Another point that should be automated is regendoc, which could follow a
similar approach to what has been done in my devpi-pytest repository
experiment, where we use Travis to run regendoc and open a PR against the
pytest repository with the changes.

All in all I'm really motivated to automate the release process as much as
possible using the existing infrastructure we already have (Travis and
AppVeyor).

Cheers,
Bruno.