[pytest-dev] how about merging features into master and a 2.9 release?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Jan 25 01:08:11 EST 2016

* Bruno Oliveira <nicoddemus at gmail.com> [2016-01-23 13:20:42 +0000]:
> Hi Ronny,
>
> Sounds good too me. We've put off 2.9 for some time now.
>
> Let's start planning 2.9 two weeks for now then, to see if any critical bug
> which warrants a 2.8.7 release shows up.

Make that 2.8.8 I guess? :P

But +1 on a 2.9 release.

> As an aside, I would like to see #1199 [1] in 2.9 as it will open up the
> path to solve a number of bugs dependent on py.code.
>
> [1] https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest/issues/1199

I lost track a bit - what's holding this back?

Ronny proposed adding deprecation warnings to replace ExceptionInfo
objects. It seems to me like this is unrelated to the rest of the
py.code move, no? Maybe it should be tackled separately, say for 2.10?

Florian