[pytest-dev] Introspecting fixtures from within a test

Christoph Buelter c.buelter at arcor.de
Sat Jan 16 08:43:44 EST 2016

Hi there,

I have a small question about fixtures. Basically inside a test function
I would like to know  which fixtures are active/avaialable and I want to
be able to reference them and get their return values.

@pytest.fixture
def  inner():
     return  1

@pytest.fixture
def  foo(inner):
     return  2

@pytest.fixture
def  bar():
     return  3

@pytest.mark.bar
def  test_foo(foo):
     # Let's assume the 'bar' mark magically requests the bar fixture.
     # Now all of 'inner', 'foo' and 'bar' should be available in here.
     # Is there a way to actually reference them here and get their
     # return values, e.g. like: request.getfuncargvalue(...) but
     # only for fixtures that have alreay been requested?
     pass

I hope that makes sense to you. I am new to pytest development, so if
there is a section in the docs that covers this that I have missed, any
pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Christoph